This position is an entry-level Project Manager role designed to oversee and support multiple projects within NIBS’ Technical Solutions Group (TSG)’s purview.
NIBS’ TSG manages a number of innovative and exciting Federal projects and industry initiatives in the areas of energy efficiency, renewable energy, embodied carbon, cost and risk management, workforce development, building standards, innovative construction techniques and practices, architecture, and engineering.
NIBS is searching for an energetic and creative entry-level project manager who will support the group’s Vice President and Senior Project Managers in launching new initiatives and projects and overseeing and supporting existing project portfolios.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Support the day-to-day management of volunteer and subcontracted project committees and professional service contractors
- Utilize reports, data pulls, spreadsheets, and other database tools to track overall project performance and deliverable schedule
- Support and evaluate project performance from inception to closeout, in coordination with TSG Vice President and Senior Project Managers
- Coordinate with NIBS staff and leadership to research and identify new business development opportunities and subsequent proposals in the Federal and private sectors
- Review technical research and literature to support the design and preparation of specific studies and projects and review technical research and literature
- Prepare content for presentations and promotional materials for NIBS events, meetings, and workshops
- Serve as a technical liaison and ambassador for NIBS at Federal and industry meetings, conferences, and events
- Liaise with other internal project groups, as well as the NIBS Board and Senior Leadership on projects/initiatives critical to the Institute’s mission and strategic plan
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific skills include:
- In-depth understanding of prevailing project management methods
- Working knowledge of tools and metrics used to evaluate project performance
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Data analysis and management skills
- Forethought, with the capacity to identify and evaluate project risks
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including NIBS staff, volunteer industry representatives, subject matter experts, and clients
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering, public policy, project/program management, economics, business, or other pertinent discipline; demonstrable experience as an entry-level project manager or similar employment; 2-3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
NIBS offers a competitive benefit package including fully paid health care premiums for medical, dental, and vision.
HOW TO APPLY
If you feel you are a great fit for this role, please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirement to firstname.lastname@example.org today!